Cheers to the New Year 2014. Hopefully we’ll finish strong at the annual PhotoWorld Cup. We can do this Ka-Nayon!
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
The Nayon Photographers’ Club is looking for new members and they are cordially inviting newbie photographers, hobbyist and professionals to their 1st Monthly Meeting for 2014. It will be on January 12, 2014 at the 2F of the Ortigas Building, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. The meeting will start at 2:30PM.
Nayon Photographers’ Club is one of the oldest camera clubs in the Philippines. It was established in 1993 and has constantly been in the Top 10 of the entire camera clubs affiliated with the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation (FPPF). They pride themselves in incorporating camaraderie while learning new techniques in photography.
Activities of Nayon include participation in the Monthly-Themed Photo Contest organized by the FPPF as well as having their own Creative Photo Contest. Nayon also covers several festivals in the country including the Pateros Town Fiesta, The Pailah Festival of Pila, Laguna, the Feast of the Ascension in Villa Escudero, the Grand Marian Festival of Intramuros, and several photo-walks.
If you’re a graduate of the Basic Photography Class of FPPF or a newbie with a DSLR, as long as you’re familiar with your camera, then the Nayon Photographers’ Club is the right camera club for you. They have members from Malabon, Valenzuela, Pasig, Manila, Pasay and even as far as Bulacan. Their members use Sony, Canon, Nikon and Olympus DSLR and they have members from all walks of life. They also have female members who are active in photography.
So if you want to improve your photography skill, broaden your contacts with professional photographers or simply wanted to enjoy the camaraderie of other photography enthusiasts, feel free to visit us at the 2F of Ortigas Building. Our monthly meeting is held every 2nd Sunday of the month at 2:30PM.
The Nayon Photographers’ Club is taking pictures since 1993. Please click on the following link to know more about our camera club: https://www.facebook.com/notes/nayon-photographers-club/do-you-want-to-be-a-member-of-nayon-photographers-club/257773250990286
Photo taken by Ka-Nayon Mel Ganelo.
Monday, December 9, 2013
The meeting started with a prayer by Peter Swann. The topics discussed were the following:
- Elmer presented an AVP on his recent trip to Negros and Iloilo, with Caloy and Boboy.
- FPPF Christmas Party (and judging of entries) will be on December 7, 2013. Nayon’s Christmas Party will be the next day. The theme for this year’s photo-shoot is “Explorer”.
- The Grand Marian Procession will be held on December 1, 2013 at Plaza Roma, Intramuros at 4:00 PM.
- Photo contest on December 7 will include the following: Model Shoot (8”x12”) and Reunion OTS (5”x7”). Each photographer will have 3 maximum entries for the Reunion OTS.
- Canon PhotoMarathon will be on November 16, 2013 at the Bonifacio Global City, coinciding with another event, the Lecture Series.
- Nayon’s annual Coffee Table Book
- Election of new officers for 2014
- PhotoWorld Asia 2014 will require volunteers. A giant post card, 16”x20”, will be required from all FPPF camera clubs. It may be a collage of pictures or a single picture. It should only include the words “Postcard Perfect Philippines”.
- There are suggestions for a New Nayon T-shirt – something that is white in color and made from a different fiber. Incentives will be given for the 2014 Annual Fees
- The PhotoWorld Cup 2014 will now have One Word Theme. Nayon’s suggestions for the monthly theme include Emotion, Motion, and Dance.
- Doc Edwin Lim is inviting us for a weekend at Brgy. Malico, Sta. Fe, Nueva Vizcaya on December 13-15, 2013. This will be a Nature Trip plus Cultural Presentation from the local in their annual Christmas Party
- Video shoot for the Audio-Visual Presentation (AVP) for FPPF’s contest. Members of Nayon danced to the tune of “Piliin Mo Ang Pilipinas”.
- Judging for the FPPF monthly theme “Unguarded Moments”. Roger Baligod emerged victorious. For the Nayon Side Contest (Rim-light Portraits), Elmer and Dok Nene were included in the Top 5.
No other matters were discussed. Special thanks to Jana for the very delicious pie.
Entries to the PhotoWorld Cup monthly themed contests (“Unguarded Moments”) and Nayon Side Contest – “Rim-light Portraits”.
Nayon members having the time of their lives at making the AVP for “Piliin Mo Ang Pilipinas”.
The Top 10 (PWC) and Top 5 (Side Contest) for the month of November 2013.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
The Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation (FPPF) held their annual Christmas Party 2013 at the Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands (Intramuros) last December 7, 2013. The highlight of the event was the turn-over of the donations from the different camera clubs (of the FPPF) to the Philippine Red Cross for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda.
This year’s winner for the prestigious Camera Club of the Year and the Photographer of the Year was also announced at the Christmas Party, but will have a formal ceremony on Photographers’ Night at the annual PhotoWorld Asia 2014 (January 30 to February 4, 2014). Other guests to this year’s FPPF Christmas Party are members of the Camera Club of the Philippines – the oldest camera club in the country and South East Asia at 85 years.
Our camera club, the Nayon Photographers’ Club, was 8th place in the annual ranking of the different clubs and also won 4th place in the Audio-Visual Presentation (AVP) competition for the song “Piliin mo ang Pilipinas”. The PLDT Lens Camera Club won 1st place in the AVP competition.
Other activities for the day are the judging for the monthly themed photo contest with the theme “Unguarded Moments”. There were also other photo contests held for the recent 26th FPPF Anniversary held at Intramuros last October. There were games and raffle for all those who attended the annual Christmas Party, followed by a salu-salo of lechon, pansit, spaghetti and other typical Pinoy Christmas Party food.
To date, the FPPF is composed of the following camera clubs:
- Alpha Camera Club
- BDO Camera Club
- Beyond Lenti
- BPI Camera Club
- Camera Club of Negros
- Cavite Camera Club
- Cebu City Images Camera Club Inc.
- Framed Shots Camera Club
- Konsepto Photo Club
- Lakbay Klik Kamera Klab
- Likha Camera Club
- Manila Avid
- Montalban Camera Club
- My Camera Club
- Namria Camera Club
- Nayon Photographers’ Club
- Nikon Club Philippines
- Oro Photographic Society
- Pangasinan Photographers’ Club
- Photographers’ Club of Tarlac
- Photographic Society of Iloilo
- Pinay Shutters
- PLDT Lens Camera Club
- Samahan ng mga Litratista sa Rizal (SLR) – Camera Club of the Year 2013
- SSS Photography Club
- Team Juan Makasining
- Tropang Artistiko
- Twilight Zone Camera Club
(My apologies if I missed a camera club or if I misspelled your camera club’s name)
Ka-Mel, incoming Vice President for External Affairs 2014, demonstrate the capabilities of his new Sony camera.
Peter Swann (one of the Tripod/Pillars of Nayon Photographers’ Club), Roger Baligod (incoming Vice President for Internal Affairs 2014), Jojo Valdez and Willy Faustino (of the members of the Photo Contest Committee 2014).
Judging the “Unguarded Moments” monthly themed competition among member clubs of FPPF.
Lito Beltran of FPPF together with some photographers.
Jojo Valdez, Peter Swann, Roger Baligod, Mel Ganelo and Mamerto Espanol.
Turn-over of cash donations to the Philippine Red Cross from the different camera clubs comprising the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation (FPPF).
We got lucky at the raffle! We won a basket of goodies.
PhotoWorld Asia 2014 Chairman Boyet Guevarra and other officers of FPPF giving out the prize to one lucky photographer.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
The Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation (FPPF) will have its annual PhotoWorld Asia on January 30 to February 4, 2014 at Glorietta, Ayala Center, Makati City.
The PhotoWorld Asia 2014 theme is Postcard Perfect Philippines and aims to promote the country as a premiere tourist destination. PhotoWorld Asia is a photo show and convention. One of the speakers of this prestigious event is Denis Reggie, Canon “Explorer of Light” and Master Wedding Photographer.
Every year, Nayon Photographers’ Club is invited to the annual Grand Marian Procession. It’s always held at Plaza Roma, Intramuros in front of Manila Cathedral.
This year’s Grand Marian Procession will be held on Saturday, December 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM. See you guys there! This will be my first time to attend this event.
The pictures taken during The Grand Marian Procession is always the January Theme for Nayon’s On-The-Sport (OTS) contest.
Sunday, November 3, 2013
The Sinulog Festival of Cebu is fast-approaching and it’s time to grab a low-fare seat at the country’s different airlines. By January, I believe all roads will lead to Cebu City.
It’s been a dream of mine to travel to Cebu and attend this grand festival. Hopefully, one of my fellow photographers would book a ticket for me. I can’t help but admire these images of the last Sinulog Festival by Ka-Nayon Nene Bautista.
BTW, the feast day of the Most Holy Child Jesus is January 19, 2014 (3rd Sunday). Please visit the Official Website of the Sinulog 2014 for more details.
Nene Bautista is a dentist by profession. She usually shoot newbie models at the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center in Quezon City. She’s happily married and enjoys photography as a hobby.